Genius Squad - Catherine Jinks
Okay, on the negative side, instead of concentrating on what Sonja can and does do, the author belabors how sorry Cadel feels for Sonja. I'm not sure that really fits with who Cadel is. Yes, he would feel sympathy for Sonja, but he would also appreciate and talk about how awesome she is and about all she's accomplished. If he were to read this book, Cadel, himself, would get irritated with the whole "poor little crippled Sonja who can't do anything" bit before long, I'm sure.

On the positive side, the book is fun to read, and I'm not a young adult by even a far stretch of the imagination. This is just a good story. The plot here, unlike in Evil Genius, doesn't ever get bogged down. The action is fast paced, and I had a hard time putting it down because I always wanted to read on and see what would happen next.

I enjoyed this even more than the first. It's not very often that I can say that about a sequel, so instead of reading anything else in the interim, I'm going to attack the third in the trilogy today.