The Mockingbird Parables: Transforming Lives through the Power of Story - Matt Litton
The Mockingbird Parables did a good job of making me examine my own faith, which was uncomfortable at times, but I think it's the uncomfortable moments of self reflection that encourage us to grow. My favorite chapter is the one on Boo Radley, partly because I love Boo Radley, but mostly because, as many times as I've read TKAM with my students over the years, I've never made these connections. The Mockingbird Parables has taken a book I love and read at least once a year, and has given me a whole new way of looking at Harper Lee's work. I didn't think I had room for a new perspective (huge mistake!), but I know better now. I don't think I'll ever read TKAM the same way again, and I'm glad to have a fresh perspective.

I added several quotes from this book, but even quotes don't do it justice; it's one of those books you just have to read for yourself because your experience will be different from mine, and what stands out most to you may not be the same thing that hit me hardest. Overall, I highly recommend it to anyone who loves To Kill A Mockingbird and who wants to be able to see the novel in a whole new way, especially if you don't mind examining your own faith and the way you treat other people in the process. I gained quite a good deal from this book that I will carry forward with me, and I feel sure I'm going to read The Mockingbird Parables again.