Musashi - Eiji Yoshikawa, Charles S. Terry, Edwin O. Reischauer
I read this several years ago, loaned it out to someone, forgot whom, and never got it back. Even though I can't remember who has my book, what I do remember is that it was really long but very well worth the time it took to read it. Once I started reading it, I had a hard time putting it down and would stay awake reading long into the night because I wanted to know what happened next.

I first became familiar with Musashi from the movies in the Samurai trilogy, starring Toshiro Mifune. I don't practice martial arts, but I found Musashi such an interesting figure that I wanted to learn more about his life, hence the Yoshikawa novel, and it didn't disappoint me. I learned not only about Musashi's life and accomplishments, but also about the inner workings of the man and what made him tick, and even after reading this book, I still Musashi intriguing.

I'd like to re-read this book at some point, and since I'll probably never get mine back, it looks like I'll be buying another one, but I enjoyed reading it so much that I don't mind buying it twice. Ordinarily, I don't read a book more than once, but I'm sure I'd enjoy this one again and get even more out of it the second around.