Man's Search for Meaning - Viktor E. Frankl, Harold S. Kushner Bondi's Brother: A Story of Love, Loss, Betrayal and Liberation - Irving Roth, Edward Roth
"Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.”
― Viktor E. Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning

Reading about this young wounded warrior immediately brought Viktor Frankl to mind. I'm constantly amazed at the resiliency of the human spirit and the way some people choose to respond in positive ways to negative situations. My dear friend Irving Roth is a Holocaust survivor, and he's one of the happiest, most energetic people I know. He, too, chooses to focus on the positive and make the most of every day.  I'm thankful today for all the people who have inspired me, whether I know them personally or not, by choosing to overcome the darkness.

Here's a link to the article:  Young, active war wounded pushing medical science